Greetings and salutations!
My name is Elinor May. This is not my first time at the rodeo. I have tried my hand at blogging in the past more than once, but, as they say, apparently the timing was never right. This past year has brought some important changes to my life, and now it would appear all the stars are aligned for me to give this the old college try. I am nervous, but very excited! Before we get started, here are a few FAM (facts about moi):
- This month I turn 55.
- I was born and raised in a small town in the deep south.
- I was educated in the northeast.
- I am my father’s daughter.
- I am the youngest of five – – but also an only child.
- Besides my home state, well below the Mason Dixon Line, I have lived in five states since 1980: New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Virginia, (New York again), (Massachusetts again), and Pennsylvania.
- I have been married and divorced.
- I have (also) been (re)married and widowed.
- I raised three daughters, mostly on my own.
- They are my greatest accomplishment.
- After eight years on my own, I took the plunge (again) – – this past May I said “I do” for the third time – – so I am, in essence, a newlywed (again). Ain’t love grand?
As the title of my blog suggests, I have been down a road or two and have lived to tell the tale.
Feel free to leave a comment and/or ask a question.
I have a story to tell. I hope you will come back soon!